FORGIVENESS

The Bible says forgive and love your enemies, and that's truly a very spiritual thing. But, there are a lot of derelict people out there that do treacherous things. The Bible also says that you should forgive them seventy seven times if necessary. I do understand the concept of this, but to be honest, I'm not giving somebody seventy seven times to screw me over.

I've heard of people going to visit people that have murdered members of their family in jail. What is an unforgivable offense? Just because you forgive them does it mean that you forget? If you don't forget, how can you forgive?

I have to doubt some people who say that they have forgiven people that have done them wrong in their lives. The mind is a very mysterious thing. Someone could have done something to you twenty five years prior, but the mere thought of the incident makes it seem like it happened yesterday, conjuring up the same emotions of that day. How can you forgive if you still feel the same emotions?

I am not a forgiving person. Have I done things that I want people to forgive me for? Probably. But, truth be told, most people that I ever crossed in my life deserved it. I don't want their forgiveness. So does that mean if you forgive a person and they don't want it, do you take it back? 
I understand that the concept of forgiving a person for an act of betrayal is a form of self healing so that you don't walk around with  anger and bitterness. With that being said, I walk around with it as a shield. You cross me one time and that will be the only time. My form of forgiveness is that I don't seek revenge on your ass. 

Many times, in my life, people have crossed me for selfish reasons; monetary, jealousy or just plain hating. They were deserving of my wrath but I did not seek revenge. I didn't because my retaliation would have led me to jail.

Everyone that has been betrayed, abused, or offended by another, forgive them in your heart but keep it fresh in your mind because, if a person will cross you once and you forgive them, they will do it again. Just because you have forgiven and shown yourself to be the better person it doesn't mean that your forgiveness has changed them from being the same low life person they were in the first place. So keep your guard up and realize we're only human. Our forgiveness is limited. Only God offers the ultimate FORGIVENESS.


Ghetto Bastard: A Memoir (Volume 1) and Ghetto Bastard 2 (Volume 2) by Russell Vann

Comments

Popular Posts