Out Of Time!

There are two things every human being does in this world. They are born and they die. No matter what great accomplishments they've done in-between, circumstances they are born into, or how many people sing their accolades they're still going to die.

If you're famous, society may memorialize you with some kind of bullshit statue or plaque and over time that even tarnishes. If you're just a regular, ordinary Joe, like me, fifty years after you die, the only ones that will remember you might be you're grown children.

Time has a way of creeping up on you. One minute you're twenty with your whole life ahead of you and the next thing you know you're fifty, looking back at when you were twenty and all of the things in-between and all of the time that was wasted doing dumb shit.

The great thing about being older is that there's so much wisdom to apply to the future. It just seems like time is going by much faster.

I know now that I have to live life to the fullest, fearlessly, gratefully, respectfully and zealously.  I can't waste life complaining about the past and worrying about the future. Every day I wake up is a new day to live life to the fullest. Yesterday was yesterday.

I want to make sure that I've lived life to the fullest until life says to me "You're out of time."


Read more: Ghetto Bastard: A Memoir (Volume 1) and Ghetto Bastard 2 (Volume 2) by Russell Vann.

Comments

Popular Posts