Human Rights




Every person on the face of the earth is born with the inherent right to be treated like a human being. What does that mean? Who determines what that right includes? It definitely ain't mankind. History has revealed that the way human beings treat other human beings is inhumane, at the least.


The way people treat prisoners of war, the destitute, woman, children, slaves, Jews, Africans, and the people in third world countries is horrendous.  In some countries prisoners are tortured to death. We walk by destitute people on the street as if they were garbage. Society has programmed our men, from infancy, to view our women as glorified, sexual objects. Our children have been sexually abused since the beginning of time. Slavery went on for hundreds of years in this country and still goes on in other countries. Adolf Hitler ordered six million Jews to be slaughtered and the world watched. Its well documented that experimental vaccines were introduced to the poor African Continent, for years, often resulting in disastrous outcomes. How many of us haven't seen images of  starving children all over the world? It's even to the point that, today in the 21st century, you can see a human being cutting off another mans head because he doesn't believe in what he believes in. This is all while the world watches.

So what is the right of a human being. Is it an individualized perception? Is it for sale? If so, how much does it cost? Looking at the world it depends on who you are and where you are located. Therefore it seems like human rights are self defined. I say this because I'm sure a serial killers perception of human rights far differ from that of the average human being. Later, when he gets caught and goes to jail, he'll want to be treated humanely.

With all that being said, I don't know what the worlds definition of human rights are. I can only tell you what I think my rights as a human being are. I have the right to be respected. I have the right to love who I want to love. I have the right to feel safe. I have the right to earn a living. I have the right to make my own choices. I have the right to live and the right to die if I wish. I have the right to pray to whatever God I want to pray to without being murdered for it. I have the right to disagree with another human being without them wanting to take my life. To me, these are all significant. To others, they just don't give a fuck.

What's your definition of human rights?



Ghetto Bastard: A Memoir (Volume 1) and Ghetto Bastard 2 (Volume 2) by Russell Vann



Comments

Popular Posts