That Christmas Was Very Special To Me

That Christmas was very special to me, because that was the first time Nana had ever been to a place that I lived.



Christmas is a special time of the year.  Everybody loves Christmas.  Even kids that aren't Christians, whose families don't believe in Jesus, love Christmas.  They love the lights, Santa Claus, the music, the season of giving, and family.  That's what Christmas was like for me and my great grandmother when I was little.  Sometimes it was just us.  She let me believe in Santa Claus and I was happy.  It wasn't about religion, it was about family loving each other and she was the only family I had.

Who doesn't like Christmas?  I'll tell you - haters.  They hate it so bad they want to make it a world where you don't even say Merry Christmas.  They want to take away the innocence of Santa Claus is Coming to Town, Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer and Frosty the Snowman.  Everybody loved that kind of bullshit when they were kids.  It was just fun and happiness.  It was make believe. 

Everybody knows there's no Baby New Year but we rooted for Rudolph just the same.  If people could just chill the fuck out, go to their childhood for just one month of the year and remember what it was to be a kid on Christmas morning, the world would be a better place.  You can have the other eleven months to be an asshole.


Comments

Popular Posts